Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Five . . .

Ladies and Gentlemen, ten random facts before I go to bed.

Drum roll please . . . insert rim-shots as necessary.

Number Ten:

I just spent the last two hours making a red-yarn wig for Andrew’s Halloween costume. I do not look forward to making a second for Anna.

Number Nine:

The first three games of this year’s NFL season spoiled the remaining games for Bears fans everywhere. After all, the wise among us were fully prepared for a miserable season. Starting off 3 and 0 could not have been more damaging to our mental stability.

Numero Ocho:

Ocho means ‘eight’ in Spanish. Cinco means ‘five.’ Ocho-Cinco, however, does not translate to eighty-five. Sorry Chad . . .

Number Seven:

I seriously think I have some sort of mental deficiency related to remembering names. I spent almost thirty seconds this morning trying to remember my boss’s boss’s name. Don’t let the far-removed hierarchy fool you, I’ve used his name properly every day for the last month!

Number Five:

I also seem to have trouble counting backwards . . .

Number Six:

Mollie, Andrew and Anna are once again off gallivanting about the known universe. More specifically, they’re in Iowa. Some people quote a clever acronym regarding the residents of Iowa. I find the acronym to be three-quarters inaccurate . . . they very rarely “Out Wandering Around . . .”

Number Four:

Walter Payton, Nolan Ryan and Bo Jackson – eternal members of the uber-stud club. Did I miss anyone?

Number Three:

I have eleven bobble-head dolls in my study. When their teams play badly, they must turn and face the wall. Which reminds me, “Mr. Urlacher, about face . . . Don’t you argue with me now. I understand that you are playing well, but all your buddies up there on the shelf don’t even play for the Bears anymore and you don’t hear them complaining when I turn them around! This is a team effort. Don’t give me no lip, son.” . . . smack . . . bobble, bobble, bobble, bobble, bobble, bobble . . .

Number Two:

Yes, as my profile states, Taco is my favorite word.

(editor’s note: I double checked. My blog profile mentions tacos, but doesn’t say anything about them being my favorite. I really have no idea what online profile makes such a claim. It doesn’t make it any less true, though.)

And the number one random fact for Thursday, October 28, 2010 is:

The giddy laughter ensuing a proofread of numbers ten through two has made typing number one rather difficult. I should probably go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

They say that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. In the blogging world, that is not true. The greatest validation you can give a blogger's mindless ramblings is to leave a comment. Your comment not only shouts to the world that you bothered to show up, but more importantly that what you read exuded some response! There can be no greater compliment!