Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'd Like to Apologize in Advance . . .

I find myself torn today as to what I should share with the waiting world. For the first time in quite a while, I find myself with numerous ideas bashing about inside my tiny brain. The noise is deafening. Each topic is of itself, of some value to me in the present, yet each would do well to stand alone on some future day. One, though could provide the spur for both today and some future day in approximately seven to ten business days. Then, of course, there is the temptation to simply share all in one uber-long blog.

I suspect that for once, wisdom has gotten the best of me. I will narrow my course and save what I spent the last hour working on for tomorrow, allowing me to follow up on yesterday’s blurbs.

First of all, thank you to a faithful reader for pointing out what my mathematically inclined brain failed to notice, mainly that my Haiku’s were merely poor replicas of that fine artwork, lacking in both style and meter. (Or was it just the number of syllables that was off?) In light of his revelations (which I do truly appreciate, despite my comical tone, thank you), I take back all claims of having written any Haiku, and rather announce the creation of an entirely new mode of English poetry, the Haik-me.

Now that’s enough of that! You go to your room this instant! But Mommy, I was trying to be good, honest. Ooh, you wait until your father gets home, young man. He’s not gonna like what I have to tell him. How many times have I had to reason with him just to save your life? Well, no more. Not this time. No more mother stepping in to save your hide. Mommy . . . Yes? Mommy, can I please have a piece of cake?

Sorry, all. I have no idea what that was, but it sure was fun!!!

In yesterday’s lecture, I made mention of my doubt one could find Tart n Tinys in even the most remote corner of the internet. I was wrong. After searching countless websites, sending numerous e-mails and calling two countries, I found some! You will all be pleased to not that at this very moment, the Canadian Post Office is transferring a package containing sixteen boxes of my favorite candies across international boundaries, leaving it in the safe hands of the USPS, who will deliver my prize to me in the afore mentioned seven to ten business days.

But at what else have I learned, you ask, and at what cost have I found the means to acquire such an antiquitous dessert? I learned that these delectable treats were discontinued in March(?) of 2007, though the man at the Willy Wonka Candy Factory (a.k.a. Nestlè Chocolate) agreed with my discernment that this type of candy would likely be unmarred by time. I also learned that shipping from Canada and Canadian taxes exactly doubles the original price of each $1.10 box. I have yet to learn how my cell phone company treats international calls, even if they are just across our northern boarder. I have also learned that my brother is also willing to shell out cold, hard cash to share in this prize. Perhaps if he mentions this add, I’ll give him a discount.

There it is, the germ of yesterday’s, today’s and some future blog. Who knew a tiny candy could cause such a stir, or bore so many readers. By the by, if you want to read my alternative solution to the Haiku ‘problem,’ read the comments to yesterday’s blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

They say that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. In the blogging world, that is not true. The greatest validation you can give a blogger's mindless ramblings is to leave a comment. Your comment not only shouts to the world that you bothered to show up, but more importantly that what you read exuded some response! There can be no greater compliment!