Friday, September 4, 2009

News You Can Use

I sat down at my desk today and read the last thing I had written in my 'journal'/'book in which to write quotes I like.' I was extremely surprised to find the last entry dated September 23, 2007. I went on to read, "I'm going to be a daddy tomorrow." I quickly realized how much had happened in my life since then. I will share with you a piece of what I wrote today. It includes the baby news you all earnestly want to hear.

9/4/09

Dear diary . . . . Yeah, right . . . you really think I write like that???? Not hardly . . .

Here it is for real.

9/4/09

I can't believe it has been almost too (yes, I spelled two wrong . . . I'm correcting it now) years since I put a pen to this book. How strange it is! One page back, I was just one day from becoming a daddy. Now I am (and have been for almost two weeks (got 'two' right that time!)) a daddy twice over!

Life has been thoroughly hectic. I've had the 'same' job for a full year. I was a fill in 'principal' for part of that year. Andrew has turned into an outstanding big boy and Annaliese Elizabeth TinĂºviel has joined our family. We got word today that if she eats on her own schedule, with out a feeding tube, and still gains weight, then she can come home in three days! I want to burst for joy, but cannot, for I know she could easily fail in this endeavor, lose weight, and tear our hearts to pieces once more . . .

I end this recounting here, in lieu of boring you with a preview of her freshman high school schedule, her college major and definitive plans for her wedding day (I will point out that I mentioned having attempted to arrange a few marriages for her and am simply waiting for an acceptable offer of goats and cows.)

In non-Mikese, the journal entry translates to this:

Baby got feeding tube out. STOP
Baby can eat on her own schedule. STOP
If she gains weight, she can go home in three days. STOP

I do find myself overjoyed, despite my reservations and fears. Having to travel to see your child is more of a stress than I can likely describe and would rather have her here, keeping me up until the wee hours of the morning. (Ask me in a couple weeks if I've rethought this!) So, optimistically, yet guarding my heart, I continue to pray for my little girl. As with most my prayers, my words are short, usually only a partial thought. (I once took a quiz on prayer languages . . . . I had to make a new style up . . . ADD prayer.) Every time I ask it, the prayer is simply this. "God take care of my little girl."

(By the by, if you are checking my blog for the first time today, this is the second post of the day. Please keep reading . . . if you dare!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

They say that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. In the blogging world, that is not true. The greatest validation you can give a blogger's mindless ramblings is to leave a comment. Your comment not only shouts to the world that you bothered to show up, but more importantly that what you read exuded some response! There can be no greater compliment!