Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day Fifty

I find it hard to believe that I have been at this, if my math is right
(which would also be hard to believe), for 50 days! While you and I both know that I have not managed to put up 50 quality posts, I would like to point out that I have still put up the posts.

What have I learned over the last fifty days? Blogging is hard. It is especially hard if you actually try to do a good job! Some days, like yesterday, I just sat down at the computer and typed whatever came into my mind, hardly stopping to go back and revise anything that may not have made sense. Other days, I have sat down with an idea, a plan for what I wanted to accomplish in my writings that day. Those days can be hard. Perhaps some pseudo-synonym for 'hard' would be more accurate, but I can say that many of what I would consider to be my best posts have taken up to an hour to write! (Wondering what I consider my better posts, see Michael, Maurya, Andrew and . . . (well written), No Entiendo (success of a plan), The Most Interesting Man in the World (a favorite) or Too Many Staples (accurately captures the essence of 'randominity'))

Okay, I can't let this one slide. Some dude on TV just said that to avoid being required to buy auto insurance, you have to 'devoid' yourself of a car. He went on to say it is "much harder" to devoid yourself of a body, which would be required to avoid having to buy health insurance (if it becomes mandatory). What exactly does he mean by "much harder?" Is he suggesting that, short of dying, it is possible to exist without a body? It seems so, though it is apparently at least more difficult than taking a bus, riding a bike or walking. Somebody get that man an award.

Back to what I was talking about; Twizzlers. No, my 50th day of blogging and what I've learned. I've learned that I am capable of creating enough text to fill a 30+ page Word document, I was reminded of my occasional dabbling in poetry and I have actually been able to express some of the thoughts, dare I say emotions, I have about my family.

I have surprised myself. I had to look way back on facebook to find this comment, but I managed. It is my response to Randy Yelverton pointing out what I have already discussed, that blogging is hard. I replied thusly:

I just plan on writing about stupid stuff that 'pops' into my mind, that and putting up pictures I take . . . Day 3, going strong! (prediction . . . day 28 . . . "I have a blog?")
August 7

Well, day 28 is well past and I continue to exist in this internet sur-reality. Does anyone interested in betting the over on me making 100 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

They say that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. In the blogging world, that is not true. The greatest validation you can give a blogger's mindless ramblings is to leave a comment. Your comment not only shouts to the world that you bothered to show up, but more importantly that what you read exuded some response! There can be no greater compliment!