Friday, September 11, 2009

Um . . . aah . . . aah . . .

Have you ever been at a point that you have so many things rattling around your brain, you are mostly unable to competently function in attempting to accomplish any of them? I am currently in that very predicament. As a (see, I can’t think of the word I want to use here) example thingey, no, warning thingey, today’s blog may suffer as a result of my current state. Of course, if you are a longsuffering reader, you may not even notice.

So what is it, or more accurately what are those things that have me flummoxed so? It is a collection of projects and ideas I would like to pursue. Some of them are actually important and need to take some priority, but the conflux of ideas has created a *insert some other big word* backup of the brain. While they are usually seen as a negative lapse of mental prowess, I believe I am desperately in need of a brain fart; perhaps it would get stuff moving again.

Here’s what has me in need of a mental drain snake:

1. I need to talk to the two companies about waterproofing our basement so that we can get final cost estimates, find compatible dates and arrange for the start of work, which, by the way, likely requires finding Mollie and Annaliese somewhere to go while the work is done (it doesn’t seem like a good idea to have paint scraping and tuck pointing in the basement with an preemie sleeping upstairs.)

2. I have two ideas in my mind that I would like to someday submit to industry. They may or may not be good ideas, but I have little more than a vague idea of where to begin. I took a brief look at the U.S. Patents office web site this morning and was unable to find an apparent and bolded ‘Start Here’ button.

3. I recently sent a few of my Faux Art to a company that (I think) makes folders and notebooks. I am anxiously awaiting their second reply. The first reply gave me a little hope, as it was not a flat out rejection, but rather a ‘. . . in a couple days.’

4. I have to blog. – hey, that one is actually in progress right now!

5. Andrew has to go to daycare, but is too late for lunch.

6. Annaliese has her first non-hospitalbound doctor visit today.

7. There is an outside chance that we may go to Chicago to see my family, but most especially my sister who is coming up from Texas to play Ultimate Frisbee. That requires figuring out what to do with the dog. His usual seat in the car has been taken by an infant car seat, so I have to call Volkswagen to see if they have some sort of ‘put your dog in the way back of a station wagon fence thingey.’ That, or I have to write directions for him to get to the kennel, then send him on his way.

8. I have to prepare and send photos to Walgreens for the baby announcements that Emily Shelton was kind enough to make for us! I also have to prepare pictures of Andrew and Aunt Megan so I can add them to the ‘model’ rocket Andrew (I) made for her.

9. I have to post a link on Facebook to the photography contest I entered, telling people about the readers choice award, but being careful not to tell which photos are mine. (You can find the contest at "My Best Friend" Crim-Dassler Photo Contest. The link to vote is in the third paragraph of the website, but Neil (co-host of said contest) said he may move it higher to make it more visible.)

10. I have to plan a replacement front stoop for after we destroy the current one in the waterproofing process.

11. I have to destroy the current front stoop – which will require a rumored day-long use of a jack hammer.

12. I can’t see the top of my desk. Well, I can see a few spots, but not many.

13. I haven’t had breakfast.

14. In an hour, I probably won’t have had lunch . . .

15. I have to call my Aunt Mary and wish her a happy birthday. (Happy Birthday, Mary.)

16. I have to pick up Andrew’s medicine.

17. I have photos on my camera and on my computer that have not been backed up, some of which need to be well worked for new 8x10s, some of which need to be ‘4x6’ed for photo album use.

18. I have to take Andrew to daycare.

19. Andrew wants to walk the dog . . .

I guess I found where to on start my list. It is quite the least impending, but may prove the best choice of all. Now, where did I leave the leash?

1 comment:

  1. I have the same brain thingey going on. I think it is due to the 4lb 13oz, 18 in long squirmey thing in pink. However, I like her a lot so we can't send her back.

    ReplyDelete

They say that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. In the blogging world, that is not true. The greatest validation you can give a blogger's mindless ramblings is to leave a comment. Your comment not only shouts to the world that you bothered to show up, but more importantly that what you read exuded some response! There can be no greater compliment!