Monday, August 24, 2009

Daddy, What are You Gonna Write Today?

With one and a half days of complete blur behind me, I am reeling as I try to find something to blog about this morning. The obvious choice is the little girl, how cute she is, how well she is learning (you should see her walk and hear her talk. . . . . . . oh wait, that's the boy), but the last three posts have been all about her (with as many tangents as I was able to fit in.) While I am happy to share the occasional family happening, I do not want this blog to become a daily journal. I would much rather broadcast to the world whatever strange and random thought I am currently having. Yet today, my mind is still preoccupied with the family business.

What to do? What to do? I guess I'll have to make something up. (Mike pauses briefly and sets the computer aside. He reaches for his breakfast, a warm helping of Hardee's biscuits and gravy. . . BINGO!)

I love biscuits and gravy!!! It is quite likely my favorite food, though there is one strong competitor for that title. More on that later. Waking up to a warm biscuit, smothered in a peppery gravy, thick with crumbled sausage is one of life's greatest pleasures. For a bargain price, the plate before me is one of the best. It has a rather unique peppery taste that I have not found in other gravies. The best, however, is a home made sausage gravy with a soft, moist biscuit beneath it. (Mike finishes his first serving and begins to contemplate the second . . .)

The main competition for the title of 'best food ever' is lasagna. I like my lasagna simple; noodles, meat, cheese and a little sauce . . . delicious. Of course, there has to be mention of the second runner up . . . tacos. Not fast food tacos, though. Once again, the home made version takes top honors. Tacos filled with too much meat to fit in the shell. Tacos brimming with lettuce and cheese and an all too spicy sauce. I guess that would round out an entire day's worth of meals. Biscuits and gravy for breakfast, tacos for lunch and a tasty lasagna for dinner. The perfect day.

Well, almost perfect. Honorable mention must be given to another fast food favorite. Perfection could not be reached without an afternoon stop at the very rare Taco John's, home of Potato Oles. Now my belly can be full. Now I can sleep content. Until the baby wakes me up . . .

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time with fast food biscuits and sausage gravy - especially Jack in the Box - their sausage is perfectly round little pellets and it just WAY too much resembles goat turds. From one of your mystery sisters...

    ReplyDelete

They say that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. In the blogging world, that is not true. The greatest validation you can give a blogger's mindless ramblings is to leave a comment. Your comment not only shouts to the world that you bothered to show up, but more importantly that what you read exuded some response! There can be no greater compliment!