Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Look

Way back in the day, my college roommate and I would go on some extremely long rollerblading excursions. Andy and I would strap up our boots and head off into the Cedar Rapids wild. Often, our destination would be 'The Embasy,' a Czechoslovakian . . . um . . . museum??? cultural center??? I guess while I was skating around, speaking in a thick Russian accent, I never really paid attention to what it really was! But that's not the point . . . After one of our 3 hour missions, Andy and I wobbled back to our dorm room and fell, exhausted, onto our couch. We sat there for a couple of minutes, then I said, "Look!" Andy looked over at me as I began to take off my black, fingerless gloves that I wore for blading. And he looked . . . and looked . . . Stopping out of whatever thought I was lost in (or lack of thought), I followed up with this: "I have no idea why I just said that!"

Having no idea what and why I said something was such an historic part of my college existence that I thought I should resuscitate that theme into my life through this generations version of the village rambling idiot . . . a blog.

I have not yet considered whether I shall use my powers for good or evil. I do hope to post a few of my pictures up here and sometimes ramble on too long about the cute thing my kid did, or the completely stupid and meaningless thing I saw, or heard or thought. Other than that . . . . I have no idea why . . .

1 comment:

They say that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. In the blogging world, that is not true. The greatest validation you can give a blogger's mindless ramblings is to leave a comment. Your comment not only shouts to the world that you bothered to show up, but more importantly that what you read exuded some response! There can be no greater compliment!