Saturday, August 22, 2009

Michael, Maurya, Andrew and . . .

Andrew was small. In my arms, or more literally in my hands, he felt so miniature and fragile. I can remember marveling that something so tiny could mean so much to me.

When Andrew was born, I was so anxious. I had no idea what to expect. I only knew that he would be leaving his belly abode and coming to stay with us. What that really meant to me and the rest of my life was an unknown. My life was due for some drastic changes, but I had no idea how those changes would truly affect me. That fear of the unknown left me nothing but anxious.

This time was different. I know the changes that are coming, how I will be up late and home early and jumping up at every sound this baby makes, just to be sure she is okay. This time anxiety had left me alone . . . this time was different . . . this time I felt fear.

Having a child early, even earlier than the expected early arrival, left me with so many questions about how everything would work out. But mostly, it left me with a fear that it wouldn't. Then it was time . . . and Mollie was pushing . . . and I was praying . . . and she was here.

Annaliese Elizabeth TinĂºviel Hofner is tiny. She is not just small, like her big brother was; she is truly tiny. We have not been told her length or weight yet, but from the crown of her head to the tip of her chin is only as long as my index finger. She may be tiny, but she is here . . .and she seems to be healthy . . . and all fear has left me. I have a daughter.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mike and Mollie! We are so looking forward to meeting Annaliese and to seeing Andrew again, too! Andrew is so sweet, and Annaliese has a beautiful name! Congratulations to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I can't believe you have a baby girl. August birthdays are the best. Looking forward to seeing you in October! Praying for you! Hope to talk with you soon! Love, Shari J.

    ReplyDelete

They say that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. In the blogging world, that is not true. The greatest validation you can give a blogger's mindless ramblings is to leave a comment. Your comment not only shouts to the world that you bothered to show up, but more importantly that what you read exuded some response! There can be no greater compliment!